Announcements for the week of August 2, 2020
Upcoming Meeting and Event Reminders:
- Me and White Supremacy Book Group A, Tuesday, 8/4, 1:30pm
- Task Force Subcommittee for TLC, Tuesday, 8/4, 3pm
- Me and White Supremacy Book Group B, Tuesday, 8/4, 4:00pm
- Virtual Vacation Bible School, Wednesday, 8/5, 10:00am
- Zoom Workshop, Wednesday, 8/5, 12:00pm
- Task Force for Reopening, Wednesday, 8/5 at 3:00pm
- House Church, Wednesday, 8/5 at 8:00pm
- House Church, Sunday, 8/9 at 10:30am
NEEDED FOR VIRTUAL VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL:
- Sidewalk Chalk
- Construction Paper
- Rolls of string or yarn
- Tissue Paper
- 10-sheets colored poster board
- Googley eyes
- Package of Card Stock
- Postal Stamps
- Small bottles of bubbles
- Mod Podge
- acrylic paints
- Small children’s paint brushes
- Thin permanent markers
- Cash donations for items that cannot be purchased locally
Thank you to all who can help!
Our Church Office Summer Hours are Monday – Thursday 8:30am-2:00pm.
Our office is open by appointment only. Please call 334-2895 to request an appointment.
There are still openings left for each group of our ‘Me and White Supremacy’ Book Groups. We will meet 5 times, bi-weekly on Tuesdays beginning August 5. Even if you haven’t read any of the book yet, you are welcome to join us! Sign up for this exciting opportunity to learn more about how to stand against racism by contacting Pastor Rachel! Learn more about Layla Saad and her book Me and White Supremacy here: meandwhitesupremacybook.com
Sky Lake Camp and Retreat Center could use volunteers this summer! You can register to help out by clicking here
Our Food Sharing Cabinet is getting a lot of use. If you would like to help, please stop by and stock it with what you can. Food and other household/hygiene items are very helpful at this time. If you’d like to know more about helping to expand the Food Sharing project through Norwich Mutual Aid, email us at email@example.com or contact Pastor Rachel.
Guidelines for NYS Religious Services allow us to gather in groups of 10 safely. While we are allowed to meet in our building, it is not necessarily safe to do so. We are focusing this summer on building a network of House Churches that can meet either in person or via Zoom. To learn more about how to get involved, contact Pastor Rachel, or visit https://broadstumc.wordpress.com/handbook-for-house-churches/
The Task Force for Reopening is continuing to work toward reopening our church, prioritizing safety and connecting our community. See our latest update here: